When it comes to our guests, safety is our first priority. As a member of Sotherly Hotels’ collection of independent properties, we are operating at the highest standards for hygiene and cleanliness as part of Sotherly’s “SoClean” initiative. Please see below for a summary of the steps and precautions we are taking as part of the SoClean program, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have a question about a specific aspect of your stay.
Guest Arrival / Check-in
- Masks will be provided to guests at check-in, and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the property, including at all entrances and exits as well as at the front desk and guest service kiosks.
- Entrance doors are automated or manually opened by a team member so guests can avoid high-touch surfaces.
- When the number of guests exceeds lobby capacity, we implement a peak period queueing procedure which includes a Lobby Greeter.
- Room keys are sanitized before stocking.
- Bell carts are thoroughly sanitized between each use.
- Every guest receives an amenity bag during check-in containing masks, hand sanitizer, and a COVID-19 awareness card.
- For the safety of all involved, our team members will no longer open vehicle doors upon arrival or departure.
- Valet services may be suspended or limited at hotels that offer self-park options. Please check with the front desk for more information.
- Elevator buttons are sanitized by team members at least once per hour.
- No more than four guests are permitted per elevator.
- Meeting and banquet room layouts allow for physical distancing between guests attending all meetings and events.
- Pool seating configured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests and sanitized after each use.
- Special guidelines in place for fitness-related amenities, including but not limited to alternative in-room and outdoor wellness programming
- Overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing public spaces has been increased, including all frequent and high-contact surfaces.
- A spray bottle of sanitizer or wipes is provided in each room for guest use (subject to availability) and stored out of the reach of small children.
- Use of self-service ice machines is suspended and signage is posted indicating ice is available through In-Room Delivery.
- Guest laundry and dry-cleaning services adhere to contactless pick-up and delivery protocols.
- In-room collateral has been replaced by single-use collateral and/or is accessible electronically.
- Newspapers and magazines are accessible through PressReader for guests to read on their own devices.
- Extra pillows and blankets are available upon request.
- All guest amenities are pre-packaged before being placed in guestrooms.
- New contactless in-room dining protocol includes setting and delivering meals on a table outside the guest room and notifying the guest upon arrival.
Restaurants and bars
- Self-serve, buffet-style dining is suspended and replaced by alternative service styles.
- Condiments are served in containers that are either disposable or washed after each use.
- Check presenters, votives, pens, and all other reusable guest contact items are either sanitized after each use or single-use.
- Menus are single-use and/or disposable.
- Seating capacities in restaurants and bars are reduced to allow for a minimum of six feet between each group/party.
- Bar stools are spaced to adhere to appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
- When offered, bar snacks will be provided in single-serve portions to each individual guest.
- All food and beverage items are placed directly on a surface instead of handed directly to the guest.