OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Health and Safety Protocol
When it comes to our guests, safety is our first priority. As a member of Sotherly Hotels’ collection of independent properties, we are operating at the highest standards for hygiene and cleanliness as part of Sotherly’s “SoClean” initiative. Please see below for a summary of the steps and precautions we are taking as part of the SoClean program, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have a question about a specific aspect of your stay.
Guest Arrival / Check-in
- Masks will be provided to guests at check-in, and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the property, including at all entrances and exits as well as at the front desk and guest service kiosks.
- Entrance doors are automated or manually opened by a team member so guests can avoid high-touch surfaces.
- When the number of guests exceeds lobby capacity, we implement a peak period queueing procedure which includes a Lobby Greeter.
- Room keys are sanitized before stocking.
- Bell carts are thoroughly sanitized between each use.
- Every guest receives an amenity bag during check-in containing masks, hand sanitizer, and a COVID-19 awareness card.
- For the safety of all involved, our team members will no longer open vehicle doors upon arrival or departure.
- Valet services may be suspended or limited at hotels that offer self-park options. Please check with the front desk for more information.
- Elevator buttons are sanitized by team members at least once per hour.
- No more than four guests are permitted per elevator.
- Meeting and banquet room layouts allow for physical distancing between guests attending all meetings and events.
- Pool seating configured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests and sanitized after each use.
- Special guidelines in place for fitness-related amenities, including but not limited to alternative in-room and outdoor wellness programming
- Overall frequency of cleaning and sanitizing public spaces has been increased, including all frequent and high-contact surfaces.
- A spray bottle of sanitizer or wipes is provided in each room for guest use (subject to availability) and stored out of the reach of small children.
- Use of self-service ice machines is suspended and signage is posted indicating ice is available through In-Room Delivery.
- Guest laundry and dry-cleaning services adhere to contactless pick-up and delivery protocols.
- In-room collateral has been replaced by single-use collateral and/or is accessible electronically.
- Newspapers and magazines are accessible through PressReader for guests to read on their own devices.
- Extra pillows and blankets are available upon request.
- All guest amenities are pre-packaged before being placed in guestrooms.
- New contactless in-room dining protocol includes setting and delivering meals on a table outside the guest room and notifying the guest upon arrival.
Restaurants and bars
- Self-serve, buffet-style dining is suspended and replaced by alternative service styles.
- Condiments are served in containers that are either disposable or washed after each use.
- Check presenters, votives, pens, and all other reusable guest contact items are either sanitized after each use or single-use.
- Menus are single-use and/or disposable.
- Seating capacities in restaurants and bars are reduced to allow for a minimum of six feet between each group/party.
- Bar stools are spaced to adhere to appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
- When offered, bar snacks will be provided in single-serve portions to each individual guest.
- All food and beverage items are placed directly on a surface instead of handed directly to the guest.
Encouraging physical distancing of at least six feet for all guests and staff
Increased frequency of general detail cleaning
Disposable menus and limited capacity at restaurants
Trained staff following all safety and cleanliness protocols
Sanitizer, wipes, and masks provided for guest use
Closely monitoring all guidelines from national, state, and local health authorities